Samsung Omnia i900 is the latest craze among the users of Windows mobile phones. The Samsung Omnia i900 is a WQVGA technology phone with a resolution of 240×480 or it can also be said when rotated as 480×240. There are some default built-in custom themes in it including Widgetinterface and Samsung Today Screen 2. Here are few useful tips for Samsung Omnia i900 that will help in installing basic themes. The handset requires the installation of a “.tsk” file, which is basically placed in Windows folder.
Installing Problems in Samsung Omnia i900
There are many themes available for Samsung Omnia i900. Some are paid and some are free. The basic problems that one may face while installing themes to Omnia are as mentioned below:
- May be the software seize to work with another software. As a result it may slow down the applications and hang the device.
- May be the software seize to be compatible with Windows Mobile 6.1
- May be the software seize to render correctly as it may not comply with WQVA.
Solutions in Installing in Samsung Omnia i900
The iPhone icons that are available are usually of 59×60 pixels and PNG format. Don’t use the icons directly otherwise it will look bad. The borders may bleed or the sizes of the icons may not be perfect. Even the transparency may seize to work perfectly.
Follow the below mentioned tips to do few conversions:
- Open the iPhone icon in your PC
- Menu\Image\Image Size à resize it to 44x44px
- Menu\Image\Canvas Size à resize it to 48x48px
- Menu\Layer\New Fill Layer\Solid Color à make this black
- The Black Background should be to lowest layer. Set it.
- Manu\File\Save For Web à preset it to PNG-24 Transparency and Interlaced checked
- Now transfer the file to your Samsung Omnia i900 and then set it as icon from within iFonz
Note: This is for 4×4 programs layout. For 3×3 programs layout you have to adjust steps 2 and 3 accordingly.
Download Free Samsung Omnia i900 Themes :